Keeping your eavestroughs clean is important for reducing the potential of water damage to your roof and for ensuring that the water gets correctly directed away from your home to reduce accidental leaks in your basement.
7 Reasons to Keep Your Gutters Clean
- Debris caught in the eaves can develop mould and mildew.
- Dirt and leaves prevent rainwater from running off your roof, allowing it to weaken and damage your shingles and roof.
- Plugged downspouts may result in rainwater spilling over the eaves in the wrong areas.
- In the early spring and late fall, spillover can create the potential for ice patches along sidewalks or on stairs.
- Inadequate drainage in the eaves can force water to run down the side of your home and put your foundation at risk.
- Trapped debris is heavy when saturated with rainwater. The excess weight in your gutters can cause them to pull away from your roofline, sag, and warp.
- Seeds, leaves, and bugs can accumulate in your gutters, creating an inviting buffet for birds, squirrels, and other wildlife that can also damage your roof.
We recommend having your gutters cleaned at least once a year, and seasonally if you live in an area with large mature trees. Our professional staff hand cleans your gutters and can provide you with before and after photos for your records.
Call now to book your gutter cleaning service